Current Affairs is a very important section for any competitive exam, be it UPSC, SSC or Banking. Candidates can score good marks in Current Affairs section. Candidates should keep themselves updated of the latest happenings around the world. Recently, the news of Denometisation was trending, the news took a radical change under the leadership of the honourable Prime Minister of India. Along with the key information, one of the biggest attractions this year was the Man Booker Prize winner, Paul Beatty who became the first America writer who received the award.
The year 2016 witnessed various events, namely India ranked 43rd in the Rio Paralympics 2016, Davis Cup is related to Tennis, Nico Rosberg won the F-1 Singapore Grand Prix 2016, In India, Ludhiana is the city where “Selfie with my Shauchalaya” campaign has been started, Haryana has announced Dadri as its 22nd district. Other important events were:
Tiangong 2 is the name of the space lab which was recently launched by China to establish a manned space station around 2022.
• Zurich has been named as the most sustainable city in the world by global design and consultancy firm Arcadis.
• In context with education, NAAC stands for National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
• “FAST”, possibly the World’s largest radio telescope stands for Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope
• According to the Forbes, the India’s richest person of the year 2016 is Mukesh Ambani
• The newly elected president of the prestigious Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) is Vijay Kelkar.
• According to the “Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-17”, the university which has topped the list is Oxford University
• “Indira 2016” is is a joint military exercise between India and Russia
• Alexis Arquette was a famous Actress
• Head of the Indian Olympic Association is N Ramachandran
• Zolfaqar missile is related to Iran.